Penis theft panic hits city!
KINSHASA (Reuters) - April 23, 2008 -- Police in Congo have arrested 13 suspected sorcerers accused of using black magic to steal or shrink men's penises after a wave of panic and attempted lynchings triggered by the alleged witchcraft. ...
"I'm tempted to say it's one huge joke," police chief, Jean-Dieudonne Oleko, told Reuters on Tuesday. ...
"It's real. Just yesterday here, there was a man who was a victim. We saw. What was left was tiny," said 29-year-old Alain Kalala, who sells phone credits near a Kinshasa police station. Read the full Reuters story here.
What does this teach us?
1. As I near the big 4-0, this makes my worries about losing my hair seem insignificant.
2. Kinshasa is out of the running for an appearance in the next editon of "1000 Places to See Before You Die."
3. (Insert your own Lorena Bobbit joke here. Or just read this one.)
4. The career path of someone who sells phone credits outside an African police station is probably quite wide but very, uh, short.
5. Beware of passengers in communal taxis wearing gold rings. Beeeee-waaaaaaare!
6. The local police chief most likely did not see the irony in his statement about this being "one huge joke."
My Uncool Past
- ► 2014 (15)
- ► 2013 (30)
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (57)
- ► 2010 (100)
- ► 2009 (87)
- ▼ April (8)