I'm posting at DadCentric today with a tragic tale of men, minivans and garage doors. Click the link, read and comment.
I'll be over there about once a week or so, or at least until they realize I'm not the answer to increasing their readership and ad revenue. That could be as soon as tomorrow. I'd Twitter you when I post there, but that would require me to sign up for Twitter. However, I'm lazy and already a twit, so why emphasize that in yet another communication vehicle.
Honestly, I'm as surprised the DadCentric dads asked me to be a regular contributor as I am that I accepted their offer. First, I don't know diddley about any of them. They may be abused former Congressional pages with ties to gun-totin', organized-religion-followin' lesbian park rangers who dig "Little House on the Prairie" reruns. Can't blame 'em. Half-Pint's mom has got it going on.
Second, I'm definitely a member of Groucho Marx's "I don't want to belong to any club that will accept people like me as a member" club. (Wait for it ... double paradox, yes. I'm a word geek.) I turned down an acceptance to a fraternity in college simply because I realized, "Crap, are these the idiots I really want to reminisce nostalgically to my kids' about someday?"
Instead, these days I fill The Things with tales of all the Thursday nights me and my nine-and-a-half-fingered roommate sat around splitting a case of Keystone, trying to write the next ZZ Top hit. "Chicken Pants Dance" -- coulda, woulda, shoulda, dude.
So who am I? Why am I there?
I haven't a friggin' clue. Maybe that'll help me fit in. For once.
If you giggled at this post or "Of Minivan and Men" on DadCentric, give me a big ol' smile at Humor-Blogs.com because this being a loner schtick isn't schtick.
My Uncool Past
- ► 2014 (16)
- ► 2013 (30)
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (57)
- ► 2010 (100)
- ► 2009 (87)
- The Company You Keep
- The Aftermath (but Before Science)
- Wake the Kids and Call the Neighbors! House Party ...
- "Just Don't Bring Too Many Dudes."
- BlogHer '08 and the Damage Done
- Travels with My Condensed Canine
- What To Do With a Dead Dog: Meet the Passed On
- What Would Doug Heffernan Do?
- The Padded Cell of Uncoolness
- Are These Awards or STDs?
- In Which We Noodle on God
- Spy in the Dirty House of Uncool
- Clean Up in the Uncool Aisle
- Telecommuting Works … Unless You Backed McGovern i...
- ▼ July (15)