1. Eat vegetables even though you'd prefer a double chocolate doughnut.
2. Share a giggle with me as I tell the real story behind Gwen Thompson, the formerly homeless American Girl character that parent company Mattel is trying to pawn off on you at $95 a pop. It's over on DadCentric. You know, the place where the Wild Things are.
3. Go see Where the Wild Things Are. By yourself. It's a very good movie about both the reckless abandon, infinite imagination and awkwardness of childhood. Exuberant, dark, brilliant, sad, funny and quiet. We parents all need a refresher in that now and again.
4. Root for the underdog.
5. Read my brief attempt to be deep about death at Polite Fictions, a nifty little site at which a host of far more talented and twisted bloggers attempt to string together a tale of intrigue and deception. For my entry, all you need to know is that Aloysius is a Russian goon whose throat was slit when he went to light his prisoner's cigarette.
6. Don't smoke or enable others to smoke. It'll kill you one way or the other.
7. Hug your kids when they least expect it. It's good to keep them guessing.
8. Run around barefoot in the grass one last time before the cold really hits.
9. Vote for me as Hottest Daddy Blogger. Being uncool means I'm hot, right?
10. Get a better dictionary.
11. Don't just read the RSS feed -- visit my blog and check out my new tag line.
12. Eat the doughnut any way. Life is too short.
My Uncool Past
- ► 2014 (16)
- ► 2013 (30)
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (57)
- ► 2010 (100)
- Why I Won't Sleep Much Halloween Night
- Conditions May Be Slippery
- Lost in Translation
- The Sex Vacuum
- Tuesday To Do List
- New Low in Pediatric Dental Care
- Do Me a Solid Sunday - Stamp Out Cancer, Swirl Gir...
- What Me, Blacklisted?
- Presents from Strangers
- To Cure Juvenile Myositis, You Must First Know It ...
- Happy Birthday / Cure JM Awareness Day
- ▼ October (11)