Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Thrill of Victimhood, The Agony of Dehydration

My Love had an air of curiosity in her tone when she said this over the weekend:

“The neighbors said they saw you out running this morning. They said you looked … ‘very intense.’”

juvenile-myositis-uncool

“Yep, I saw them,” I said, digging through the mini-fridge for hoppy re-hydration. “And that’s how I look when I ‘m concentrating on not dying.”

I sensed her glare without turning around.

“OK. Concentrating on not dying more than usual,” I clarified. “No one wants to be found a victim while wearing Day-Glo green sneakers and sweaty jogging shorts without underwear.”

+ + +

I run on Sunday to put an end to Juvenile Myositis. I’m about $3,000 shy of my $15,000 goal.

Give online today at http://tinyurl.com/CureOurMegan or send a check to:

Cure JM Foundation
Attn: 2013 Chicago Fundraiser
836 Lynwood Drive
Encinitas, CA 92024

Don’t make me sweat and risk cardiac arrest in vain.

juvenile-myositis-uncool-mc

3 comments:

  1. My walk is the following Saturday. I was out for a 10 mile training walk/run today with an over 100 heat index... it was supposed to be 13, but well, I too was concentrating on NOT dying. But I did stick to VERY public roads in case someone needed to pick my florescent pink ass up off the ground. :)

    You will do awesome I'm sure... as well as the kids. As for your love, I'm sure she will crush her PR... (show off) :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

HEY, YOU! DOWN HERE! READ THIS!!

I try to reply to all comments. To receive a reply email, make sure the comment ID you use contains your email address AND click the "Subscribe by email" link before you publish your comment.

Otherwise, you'll need to check back here for my reply.

REMEMBER: You're at your sexiest when you comment.

My Uncool Past

ShareThis