Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I’ll Give You a Free Press

Want revenge on the local Chinese restaurant that’s always stuffing menus under your windshield wiper?

Then you need some flyers to plaster on its storefront window that say “Dim Sum Of This, Bozo!”

Tired of all those negative ads politicians have been mailing you every day this election season?

Well, you should send them back some tactfully designed postcards featuring mooning garden gnomes.

nextdayflyers.com logo These and many more practical and less sophomoric things can be accomplished with the help of one of my generous advertisers, NextDayFlyers.com. They also do cool business cards and charming greeting cards but that doesn’t make for entertaining reading for you, now does it?

IT’S A GIVEAWAY, CONTEST, A FREEBIE!

As proof of their blind faith in me as a means to their ends, they are letting me give one of you fair Uncoolniks a $25 printing credit good for anything they sell online. Here’s the rules, you need to:

  • Be at least 18 years of age.
  • Leave a comment, any comment, on this post.
  • Be hungry like the wolf. Or at least a bit peckish.

That’s it. Winner will be announced in one week’s time.

Disclosure: Duh, these folks bought ad space on my blog. This giveaway was part of our agreement. They offered me a printing credit, too, but I’m passing solely because they were nice enough to buy ad space. Makes me feel like less of a status symbol and more of a man.

* * *

Please don’t forget to vote today and every day through the end of the month to help Cure JM win a $250,000 Pepsi Refresh grant. We need to hold on to the  No. 2 until Sept. 1 to win the money. If you can, also vote for these other great kids’ causes we are supporting.

Back to my self-imposed Blogger Rehab. Watch for more special guests Friday and Monday.

13 comments:

  1. Who let you out and why?

    (I hate to be first in these things. Random.org doesn't recognize 1. Oh well, such is life in the slow lane these days.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you get a sponsor for blogger rehab? Someone you can call when you're weak and you cry into the phone and moan, "but people need to know how I feel about Toy Story 3. It'll change the worrllld!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Peckish?"

    Just what were you doing in rehab?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm seeing those shows of rehab in my head and terrified of what is done at blogger rehab? Was there cat-fighting? Drama? Someone pushed into a pool?

    M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo!
    (Voting today was kinda rough! But I did it! That must mean I can nap now.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please to be invited to your most wonderful blog contest, my American friend! I am mostly feeling peckerish, pardon, 'scuse, peckish and am indeed in the market for lovely printing credit, which could to help beautiful power of my fortune cooking business! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to be able to order postcards to send to Linda McMahon, the wrestling diva who is running for senate here in Connecticut. I get mail and phone calls practically every day and she is driving me completely over the edge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wolves ain't got nothin' on me in the hunger department. You know what song wolves sing? "Hungry Like the Mom."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the shoutout, dude! OK I'm just assuming the windshield thing was for me but that was a MIDDLE EASTERN resto that spammed my car the other day. I still find it a public nuisance and safety hazard but WHATEVER.
    Thanks for the reminder that I need some calling cards... no, I do. Maybe I'll check out this company if you recommend them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm more of a fan of "The Reflex," myself. Maybe "Rio" if I've had a few beers...

    ReplyDelete
  11. We could sure use this credit to print flyers to help promote our art business.

    steven(dot)capell(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You can use this for so many things!

    ReplyDelete

REMEMBER: You're at your sexiest when you comment.

AddThis

My Uncool Past