Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Katie Couric, I’m Ready for My Close-up

If you’re near the TV today when Katie Couric’s talk show Katie comes on (for those in and around New York City, the show airs at 3 p.m. on WABC, Ch. 7), you’ll see these handsome blokes (and me) at one point:

[katie-show-jon-kevin-lance%255B4%255D.jpg]

That’s NYC Dads Group members Joe McLaughlin to the left of me and Lance Somerfeld to the right as we wait patiently in the green room of the show.

They waited. According to Joe, I just trembled a lot.

Look over Lance’s shoulder! It’s Katie, smiling down on us like the angel she is!

Sigh.

She interviewed us about our lives as at-home dads. It went … well – well. I think. Lance and Joe killed it. I had one joke kinda go nowhere but I did get a nice smattering of applause with with one statement I made the end about gender not being a measure of parenting talent. I hope that made up my other multitude sins, many of which went on in my head and which I promise to detail along with the whole story of me having to bribe my way through the New York City transit system to get to studio for the taping that morning.

But first, watch the show. It’s the same one with Julie-Louis Dreyfus. Go to the Katie website to find the show time and channel.

It’s worth it if only to watch me blush uncontrollable when Katie Couric calls us “sexy.”

Uh-oh. I’m trembling again.

+ + +

BTW, one of the many reasons I haven’t been blogging much is I’ve been busy working at the editor of the NYC Dads Group blog. Read the gripping announcement!

4 comments:

  1. And we can say we knew you when..........
    Fabulous! Congrats on all your success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Oh... and I haven't forgotten. My donation (for JM)is coming along hopefully this week. I have your email saved in my inbox for payday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Appearance went well. Nailed the applause break comment. Time to gear up for the lecture circuit. I hear Clinton gets like a hundred grand a pop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO PROUD! SO MUCH LOVE!
    XOXO picket

    ReplyDelete

REMEMBER: You're at your sexiest when you comment.

AddThis

My Uncool Past