Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Calm

These digital Uncool acres have been quiet of late. Please forgive.

I'm was hibernating along the Mid-Atlantic shores, glued to The Weather Channel and a six of something frosty, for much of August. My Love kayaked with dolphins and the Things engorged themselves on normally forbidden snack cakes and watered down chlorine all while I lounged quietly, sipping, flipping through a couple of books and a dozen glossy gossip rags while trying not to fret about my imaginary heart condition which of late seems to find its way a little farther out to my lungs and up to my throat, always ending in my head which keeps repeating "there is nothing wrong with you -- stop freaking out, freak" sometimes to good result, sometimes not.

Also, the Internet connection there sucked. Probably a good thing.

So in a bit, I'm off to the doc to see if my borderline blood pressure has decided which side it wants to be on and whether she (yes, yes -- you know my life is ruled by women) thinks it would be more to my advantage to seek medication for me vessels or me noggin.

If she suggests jogging, I'll know that My Love has been in cahoots with her. Oh, she's a sly one that wife of mine.

So while I shiver in a paper nightie, wander over to DadCentric and read what I learned this summer. You can now sign in to comment over there with your Google or Twitter account. So do.

Catch up with you soon.

8 comments:

  1. So glad you are getting back to regular posting and that you enjoyed some time off. We never did vacation this year but are planning a little boondoggle to Vermont to see the leaves in Oct. I can't wait to get away from it all with my family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you back and I do understand about poor internet while away. I travel back and forth to our lake house up north all summer - it's the WIFI cafe for an hour or so or until THEIR connection fails! You're right - it's probably a good thing tho.

    Hey, take care of yourself man! You could be stressin' yourself out with worrying. Can it! Worst case scenario is you take a pill - and/or change your diet and increase exercise. My cholesterol did a leap this summer - too much sitting, too much "convenience" foods. Can't get away with nuthin anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good that you're getting things checked out. And remember, alcohol is good for the heart and anxiety.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you back in the fold around here, and everywhere else you are. I hope you'll be fully back at it with a clean bill of health. If I'd known you were going to the doctor, I'd have sent you off with a list of my own list of suspicious maladies I've been experiencing so I could save myself the co-pay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck!
    Paper dresses are so very comforting. Whose BP doesn't escalate while wearing one?

    ReplyDelete
  6. while I hope your Dr. gives you a good bill of health...we don't need to see another installment of 'see through paper undies'.

    at least not unless you feel the need to wear your see through Blogger v-neck T along with the paper undies. That picture could be worth a thousand words.

    (I think that may have been Literal Dan...though)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amen brother, my life is run by women as well. You can fight it, which just gives you more stress, or you go with the flow.

    No pictures of the paper smock please....

    ReplyDelete
  8. wives are like that... heading over to the Centric

    ReplyDelete

REMEMBER: You're at your sexiest when you comment.

AddThis

My Uncool Past