One "Uncool" reader, who I understand is quite popular in the United Arab Emirates, says he has made contact with our target, George Irish, president of Hearst Newspapers.
He said Irish sounded at least somewhat interested in our concern, but that the unusual management arrangement between Hearst and MediaNews made it difficult for him to intervene. No surprise there.
But, Irish did say he was considering having someone look into this situation as he had heard other concerns about NewsMedia being more concerned with gutting for gutting's sake than producing quality product. Hmmm ...
Let's keep it up.
Mail your bow ties and a copy of Joe Pisani's May 3 column to George Irish, president of Hearst Newspapers, 959 8th Ave., New York, NY, 10019-3737.
Or, e-mail him copy of the column at email@example.com. In the subject line, write: "FIRE NEWSMEDIA: Save The Advocate/Greenwich Time." If you can, as include any NewsMedia gripes, quality of local journalism concerns you have.
Or just call him at 212-649-2000.
My Uncool Past
- ► 2014 (16)
- ► 2013 (30)
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (57)
- ► 2010 (100)
- ► 2009 (87)
- Get your rock salt, honey!
- Caught on tape ... at last!
- Everything comes down to poo
- Why Hump Day is a misnomer
- Call me your doctor. Dr. Johnny Fever, that is.
- Lessons for my son, age 6
- A new Marshall in my home
- Something's gonna happen
- "Hey boy, you knew this day would come ..."
- This is who we are … at 40
- UPDATE: Save the Eagle
- Save The Eagle and your local newspaper
- You go, American Girl. Go, now.
- ▼ May (13)