My sista-from-another-mista, Manager Mom, tagged me to write up six random facts about myself. I'm ready for the analysis, Dr. Freud:
1. Former Washington D.C. Mayor Marion Barry once gave me the finger. I was not close enough to check it for residue of crack or crack whores.
2. I spent most of my reporting career with a recurring vision of my managing editor walking up behind me and smacking me in the head.
3. The last time I took one of those online tests to determine what career best suited my personality, it recommended train engineer or general practitioner. This may explain why business has been slow lately. Being a dirty old sooty engine driver has it's obvious appeal, though.
4. I no longer have the goatee or the dog shown in my profile photo, but neither is ever very far away.
5. Three times I have convinced myself I was having a heart attack, resulting in two ER trips and one heart sonogram, most recently in February. Instead, I've had a strained chest muscle, sinus issues, seasonal allergies and a proneness to the occasional panic attack.
6. I've walked through the streets of Soho in the rain to get a big dish of beef chow mein at Lee Ho Fook's and I've had a pina colada at Trader Vic's, but my hair is rarely perfect.
Please click Humor-Blogs.com to tell the world that someone likes me!
My Uncool Past
- ► 2013 (30)
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (57)
- ► 2010 (100)
- ► 2009 (87)
- Father, Thy Name is Dork
- To My Love, On the 11th Anniversary of Our First N...
- The Day I Disowned My Daughter
- George Carlin: Comic Genius, Mets Fan
- Ever Get The Feeling You've Been Cheated?
- Party of One at DadCentric.com
- "Stick Out Your Can …"
- I'm the King of My Castle (When You're Not Around)...
- Brief Interlude - Don't Run Yet!
- Summing It Up in a Simple Six
- It Was a Dark and Stormy Night
- My Little Diva
- Happy Father's Day and Thanks for Not Kicking My A...
- Progress Among Modern 6-Year-Old Boys
- Chew on This, Pal
- For Father's Day, all I want you to do is give it,...
- Life is a carnival -- believe it or not
- I got a desk full of papers that mean nothing at a...
- Screw Soccer Moms. This is a Mannish-Boy Blood Spo...
- Invading the land of estrogen and mommy talk
- Snappy Answers to Stupid Questions: At-home Dad St...
- ▼ June (21)